QTP Book for learning Software Testing and QTP (Quick Test Professional) Automation. This Online QTP Book Site includes everything from QTP Basics to QTP best practices.
Ask me anything
HP is providing free trail offer for Quick Test Professional.
Follow below steps to have a QTP set up.
First do keyword search for “quick test professional” in HP website
You can see the download link under “trail versions” in the search result.
Once after downloading it you can easily install it just by clicking the setup icon. You will need maintenance number while doing installation. You can contact the HP to provide Maintenance number for you.
This Trail version will be valid for 14 days which is enough to learn QTP
What is Test Case ?
Test case is “Documentation specifying inputs, predicted results, and a set of execution conditions for a test item.” The purpose of Test Case is to divide the software function into small units of function that is testable with input, and producing result that is measurable.
i-e A test case is a feature/function description that should be executed with a range of input, given certain preconditions, and the outcome measured against expected result.
These are the fields commonly present in the Test Cases :
- Test case id
- Test Case Description
- Procedure / Test Steps
- Test data
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Status ( Pass/ Fail)
Test cases should be simple and easy to understand for Developers.
Test Case ID :
This ID should be Unique throughout the Testing Application and not to change at any moment.
Test Case Description:
Explain the function under test. Clearly state exactly what attribute is under test and under what condition.
Prerequisites- Every test needs to follow a sequence of actions, which lead to the function under test. It could be a certain page that a user needs to be on, or certain data that should be in the system . For example registration step should be completed before start testing login.
Sequence of steps to execute the specific function.
Specify the data used for a particular test or if it is a lot of data, mention the path of a file where this data is stored.
Clearly specify the expected outcome in terms of the page/ screen that should appear after the test, changes that should happen to other pages, and if possible, changes that should happen to the database..
Actual Result :
State the actual result of the function execution. Especially in case the test case fails, the information under ‘actual result’ will be very useful to the developer to analyse the cause of the defect.
In this section you can add your reviews, suggestions and ideas to developers for the bug how we fix that. Especially this section made to communicate with developers.
Give the answers for the queations.
1) The approach/document used to make sure all the requirements are covered when writing test cases
a) Test Matrix b) Checklist c) Test bed d) Traceability Matrix
2) Executing the same test case by giving the number of inputs on same build called as a) Regression Testing b) ReTesting c) Ad hoc Testing d) Sanity Testing
3) Control Charts is a statistical technique to assess, monitor, and maintain the stability of a process. a) True b) False
4) To check whether we are developing the right product according to the customer requirements are not. It is a static process a) Validation b) Verification c) Quality Assurance d) Quality Control
5) To check whether we have developed the product according to the customer requirements r not. It is a Dynamic process. a) Validation b) Verification c) Quality Assurance d) Quality Control
6) Staff development plan describes how the skills and experience of the project team members will be developed. a) True b) False
7) It is a set of levels that defines a testing maturity hierarchy a) TIM (Testing Improving Model) b) TMM (Testing Maturity Model) c) TQM(Total Quality Management)
8) A Non-Functional Software testing done to check if the user interface is easy to use and understand a) Usability Testing b) Security Testing c) Unit testing d) Block Box Testing
9) The review and approved document (i.e. Test plan, System Requirement Specification’s) is called as a) Delivery Document b) Baseline Document c) Checklist
10) What are the Testing Levels? a) Unit Testing b) Integration Testing c) System Testing and Acceptance Testing. d) All the above
11) Cost of quality = Prevention Cost + Appraisal cost + Failure cost a) True b) False
12) A useful tool to visualize, clarify, link, identify, and classify possible cause of a problem. This is also called as “fishbone diagram” what is this? a) Pareto Analysis b) Cause-and-Effect Diagram
13) It measures the quality of processes used to create a quality product.
It is a system of management activities,
It is a preventive process, It applies for entire life cycle & Deals with Process. a) Validation b) Verification c) Quality Assurance d) Quality Control
14) Variance from product specifications is called? a) Report b) Requirement c) Defect
15) Verification is
a) Process based b) Product based
16) White box testing is not called as___________
a) Glass box testing b) Closed box testing c) Open box testing d) Clear box testing
17) Name the events that will be analyzed, Count the named incidents, Rank the count by frequency using a bar chart & Validate reasonableness of the analysis is called as a) Pareto Analysis b) Cause and Effect Diagram c) SWOT Analysis d) Pie Charts
18) Retesting of a single program or component after a change has been made? a) Full Regression Testing b) Unit Regression c) Regional Regression d) Retesting
19) Requirement and Analysis, Design, Development or Coding, Testing and Maintenance is called as Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC ) a) True b) False
20) The testing which is done by going thro’ the code is known as,
a) Unit Testing b) Blackbox testing c) White box Testing d) Regression testing
21) Configuration Management Plan describes the Configuration Management procedures and structures to be used. a) True b) False
22)This type of testing method attempts to find incorrect or missing functions, errors in data structures or external database access, interface errors, Performance errors and initialization and Termination errors. It is called as a) White Box Testing b) Grey Box Testing c) Black Box Testing d) Open Box Testing
23) Phase Definition. It will come under a) CMM Level 1 b) CMM Level 2 c) None
24) Software testing which is done without planning and Documentation is known as
a) adHoc Testing b) Unit Testing c) Regression testing d) Functional testing.
25) Acceptance testing is known as
a) Beta Testing b) Greybox testing c) Test Automation d) White box testing
26) Retesting the entire application after a change has been made called as? a) Full Regression Testing b) Unit Regression c) Regional Regression d) Retesting
27) Boundary value analysis belongs to which testing method?
a) Black Box testing b) White Box testing
28) It measures the quality of a product
It is a specific part of the QA procedure, It is a corrective process,
It applies for particular product & Deals with the product. a) Validation b) Verification c) Quality Assurance d) Quality Control
29) What are the Types of Integration Testing? a) Big Bang Testing b) Bottom Up Testing c) Top Down Testing d) All the above
30) Product Risk affects The quality or performance of the software. a) True b) False